lunes, 1 de julio de 2013

Personal career

My career has three stages completely differentiated. During my pH.D. training I worked purifying proteins and performing enzymatic assays. The proteins were DNA topoisomerases of Streptococcus pneumoniae that are targets of a kind of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. During my postdoc in the lab of Michele Swanson, I worked with Legionella pneumophila studying how the bacteria release membrane vesicles with lipopolysaccharide to inhibit phagosome maturation. This work was mention in f1000.com and received the first prize in the Alcora International Contest on research in Legionella. During that period I have also worked for three months in Dresden, Germany, studying how bacteria release lipopolysaccharide to the culture medium and in the phagosome. In my last period of research I discovered that membrane vesicles release by Acinetobacter baumannii serve as carriers for DNA horizontal transmisión between diferent species of Acinetobacter. That work suggest that the membrane vesicles could be a new way of horizontal transmission of DNA between bacteria. In 2010 I started to work profesionally in science communication and now I am currently enrolled in a Masters of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Cada vez que lees un artículo y no dejas un comentario, alguien mata a un gatito en alguna parte del mundo...